We have put in place a number of COVID-19 policy and procedure changes to ensure we keep all children in our care, their families and our staff, safe.
We are committed to:
- Following the advice from NSW Health and Public Health order requirements at all times;
- Ensuring all of our staff are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including boosters;
- Conducting temperature screenings for every child who attends our service, and all staff;
- Rapid Antigen Testing for all staff prior to entry into Mikarie, at the commencement of their shift;
- All staff will continue to wear surgical face masks;
- Following strict hygiene and cleaning protocols at the centre;
- Educating our children on hand hygiene and other COVID safe practices;
- Providing regular updates to parents/guardians with regard to access to services and / or any changes to operations in response to COVID-19;
- Making available our COVID-19 Safety Plan to parents/guardians which is on display at Mikarie.
For Parents and Guardians dropping Off and Picking Up Your Child :
- You will be required to wear a surgical mask prior to entering Mikarie;
- A mask donning station will be set up at the entrance to Mikarie;
We ask that you:
- Advise Mikarie immediately if any household member is confirmed to have COVID-19;
- Comply with isolation requirements and stay home where required;
- Keep your child at home if unwell.
If you have any questions regarding our approach to COVID-19, please contact the Mikarie Child Care Centre Director on (02) 8536 0161.