Mikarie Child Care Centre’s Emu Room caters for children with high support needs with a 1 to 3 educator to child ratio.
Children spend each day in a play-based program, working alongside experienced therapists, with access to specialised equipment and resources.
What We Offer
- Experienced and qualified staff
- Higher educator to child ratio
- Personalised experiences based on needs, ability and interests
- Implementation of therapeutic programs
- Inclusion with all children at Mikarie
- Weighted blankets
- Range of standing frames
- Specialised seating and positioning equipment
- Visuals communication systems
- Picture Exchange Communication System
- Makaton signing
- Augmentative and Alternative communication
- Sensory equipment and regulation programs
Our Educators Are Qualified In
- Suction training
- PEG feeding
- Seizure management
- Diabetes management
- Key word signing
- First aid – CPR, Asthma and Anaphylaxis
Our Emu Room operates 7am to 6pm, Monday to Friday, for children aged 6 weeks to 6 years.